Please review the below Eligibility Chart and Frequently Asked Questions. This information is subject to change for clarification and improvement purposes. If you have additional software related questions, please email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an explanation of terminology used throughout the OSL website, please visit our Glossary of Terms.To enhance your technical skills on software products available on the Software Catalog and through UIT, please visit Online Learning Opportunities.
Please contact the Campus Help Desk at 801-581-4000 to have your password reset and your uNID verified, or visit the uNID Services Account Tools page for assistance. Our online ordering system uses the uNID to verify your identity and ensure that only authorized people order software licenses from us.
Some licenses allow for this, but others do not. There are three types of licenses.
- A 'Student' license allows you to install the software on your home computer or laptop. It is intended for personally owned computers and not for installation on any university owned computer. Sales tax is charged for a student license.
- A 'Personal Faculty/Staff' license allows you to install the software on your home computer or laptop. It is intended for personally owned computers and not for installation on any university owned computer. Sales tax is charged for a personal license.
- A 'University' license may or may not allow you to install the software on your home computer or laptops as well as your university or department owned computer. Some University licenses include 'work-at-home-rights' which allow you to use the software on a home computer only for University purposes. Sales tax is not charged for a University license.
Our system does not recognize you are eligible for the software if you receive one of the following messages:
- OSL Software Catalog
- Kivuto utah.onthehub.com
|You cannot add this product to your cart|
|You must be a member of one of the following groups:|
|You are not eligible or your verification has expired. For details and to request additional eligibility, go to Your Eligibility.|
You either are not eligible for the product(s) or you need to wait for your benefits to start.
- Students are eligible if they are currently enrolled in a degree-granting program at the University of Utah. You must be currently enrolled in at least one class which, when completed, will result in the awarding of credit hours verifiable through the Office of the Registrar. You must be enrolled at the time you purchase the software.
- The University Central Authentication Service (CAS) does not recognize new students as eligible until 7 days before classes begin. You can calculate eligibility dates by using the Academic Calendars.
- International Study Abroad students, Continuing Education students or students taking only non-credit classes are not eligible to purchase licenses.
- Current paid employees of the University of Utah are eligible. New employees need to wait three business days after their start date or ask their manager to designate someone to purchase it for them.
- Adjunct faculty, affiliates, contractors, emeriti, retirees or volunteers are not eligible.
Check your cart to verify you are purchasing the correct license type:
- Software Catalog: Student License, Personal Faculty/Staff License, or University License
- utah.onthehub.com: Verify you are purchasing the correct product for your eligibility. Students select
the Students tab. Employees select the Faculty/Staff tab.
'No Media' is not a download, nor does it provide you with media. The 'No Media' option provides you with the license to use the software and/or continue Upgrade Protection on that software. For example, 'No Media' is used when purchasing licenses for products that are accessed via a web browser.
|License Type||Credit Card||Purchasing Card||UShop Purchase Order|