Named User License Instructions
These instructions will take you through the process of installing the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app to your computer using your Central Authentication Service (CAS) credentials (uNID@utah.edu and password.)
You are required to have rights to install software on your computer. If you do not have these rights, you will not be able to install the software. Instead contact your department IT support team to install the software or grant you temporary rights to install the software.
You should only start this process when you do not have an urgent need for Adobe products, as this will disable the use of Adobe products until the installation and update process is finished.
Please review these instructions before contacting us. If you need additional information or assistance, please contact the Campus Help Desk at 801-581-4000 x 1 or send email to email@example.com.
- If you do not have Adobe Creative Cloud installed on your computer, proceed to step 3.
- If you have Adobe Creative Cloud installed on your computer you need to save files and settings you have saved in the Cloud to your local computer (for instructions on how to do this, see Sync and share files). Then proceed to step 16.
- Go to https://www.adobe.com.
- If you are signed in, click on SIGN OUT. If you are not signed in, proceed to step 5.
- Click on SIGN IN at the upper right corner.
- On the Adobe ID sign in window,
- Enter your uNID@utah.edu in the space for email address.
- Click on Sign in with an Enterprise ID.
- If you have a personal Adobe ID account with your uNID@utah.edu email address, choose to sign in with your Enterprise ID. If you have not created an Adobe ID using your uNID@utah.edu email address, you can skip this and go to the next step.
- Type your uNID and password in the spaces provided and click on LOGIN.
- If you are a student, you can skip this step. If you are an employee, complete the
2 Factor Authentication process (2FA-DUO Security or 2FA-RSA SecureID depending on
which 2FA service you use).
- On the Adobe web site, click on Desktop Downloads.
- Click on the Download button for Creative Cloud (near the bottom of the window).
- If you are on a Mac, you will need to enter your computer account password when prompted.
- If you see a screen asking you your skill level, choose one of the options and press
- If prompted to save the install file, click on the option to save the file.
- Wait for the install file to download.
- Locate and launch the install file for the app you downloaded. Wait for the installer
to download the entire package and install the app.
- Open the Creative Cloud desktop app.
- If prompted with a sign in window, enter your uNID@utah.edu and wait for the window to redirect to the University of Utah CAS login page and login using your uNID and password (see step 5).
- Click on the radio button next to Install or update an application or click on the Apps tab.
- For each of the products you want to install, click on Install. If you click on more than one, the apps will queue up and will be installed in the
order that you select them.
- Wait for the apps to install. If you are prompted to update your apps, select yes.
This will ensure you have the latest version of the named user license.
- You should now be able to open any of the Adobe CC apps you installed.