Please review the below Frequently Asked Questions. These questions and answers are subject to change and are updated frequently for clarification and improvement purposes. If you have additional software related questions, please email your questions to email@example.com.
For an explanation of terminology used throughout the OSL website, please visit our Glossary of Terms.To enhance your technical skills on software products available on the OSL web store and through UIT, please visit Online Learning Opportunities.
To be eligible to download and use the free Autodesk software YOU MUST BE AGE 13 OR OLDER and you must only use the software for purposes directly related to learning, teaching, training, research and development that are part of the instructional functions performed by a qualified educational institution and may not be used for commercial, professional or any other for-profit purposes.
Also, you must be one of the following: (a) a faculty member; (b) a student; or (c) an Autodesk-sponsored design competition mentor or competitor.
- A faculty member is an individual person who is an employee or independent contractor working for an educational institution which has been accredited by an authorized governmental agency within its applicable local, state, provincial, federal, or national government and has the primary purpose of teaching its enrolled students.
- A student means an individual person enrolled as a student at an educational institution which has been accredited by an authorized governmental agency within its applicable local, state, provincial, federal, or national government and has the primary purpose of teaching its enrolled students.
- An Autodesk-sponsored design competition mentor is an individual who provides guidance, advice, coaching, or instruction to competitors engaged in competing in an Autodesk-sponsored design competition, and upon request by Autodesk is able to provide proof of such status. A competitor is a student or other individual who is registered and accepted or otherwise approved by a design competition organizer as a competition participant and who, upon request by Autodesk, is able to provide proof of such status.
Autodesk is providing educational institutions with free access to software:
- To better empower the current and next generation of designers, engineers, architects and digital artists
- To help fill the void of skilled workers for unfilled, high-paying positions due to the lack of qualified high school and university graduates
- To create preference for Autodesk solutions among the current and next generation of designers
- To help students and educators imagine, design and create a better world through access to Autodesk software licenses
Students: Obtain the software from this Autodesk website http://www.autodesk.com/education/home.
Autodesk-sponsored design competition mentor: Obtain the software from this Autodesk website http://www.autodesk.com/education/home.
Contact OSL or go to the following Autodesk website: http://www.autodesk.com/education/home.
Educational licenses for software issued through the Autodesk Academic Resource Center (ARC) are currently available for 3-year terms.
After 3 years and provided you still meet the eligibility requirements, you can return to get a new license and download the most recent version of the software.
You may continue to use the software as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.
You must discontinue usage of the software and delete the software from your device.
Unless you meet the eligibility requirements, the free Autodesk software is not available to Staff members.
You will need to purchase a commercial version of the software. Please contact your department software procurement person to obtain a quote for your Autodesk software.