Instructions for Single User Licenses
For an explanation of terminology used throughout the OSL website, please visit our Glossary of Terms.
When followed, these instructions will guide you through the process of:
- associating with the campus MATLAB TAH license
- downloading the software products from the MathWorks License Center website
- installing the software
- activating the license
1. Obtain the Activation Key from the OSL Web Store
Purchase the MATLAB TAH Academic Annual License from the OSL web store.
Copy the activation key provided in the serial number section (see question 3 on our Order FAQ.)
2. Academic MathWorks Account Required
You must have a MathWorks Account using a University of Utah email address ending in utah.edu (for example @utah.edu, @umail.utah.edu, @department.utah.edu).
You can use an existing MathWorks account, but the email address used for the account must include one of the above email domains and the account must be set up for a University license (select Teaching or research in school) or a Student license (select Student use).
If you already have a MathWorks account that meets the requirements, sign in to the MathWorks portal and go to step 3.
If you do not have a MathWorks account that meets the requirements, go to the MathWorks portal and select the option to Create Account.
- Enter your email address, country/region, how you will use the software, and your
- If you purchased a University license, select Teaching or research in school.
- If you purchased a Student license, select Student use.
- Verify your email address.
- Open the email message from MathWorks and click on the link to Verify your email.
- Finish creating your profile. You can associate with the Campus License now by entering
the Activation Key.
3. Download, Install and Activate License
With Internet Connection
Without Internet Connection
4. Start MATLAB
Follow the instructions to start MATLAB Software.
- Install Noninteractively (Silent Installation)
- Add Products to an Existing Installation
- Update Your License
- Uninstall MathWorks Products
- Uninstall Noninteractively
- Deactivate an Installation
- Configure the MATLAB Startup Accelerator