Installing and Using Single User License Software
- If you don't have a MathWorks account, follow these instructions to get started.
- Go to the U's MathWorks software portal, click on the Sign in to get started button and use your MathWorks user name and password to log in.
- Click on the blue button to download the latest version of the MathWorks Product Installer to download the latest release of MATLAB and Simulink.
- Click on the blue button for your operating system to start the installation process.
- Once the file has finished downloading, launch the executable from the bottom of your browser to proceed. If you do not see the executable located at the bottom, you can find it in your downloads folder.
- Once the MathWorks Product Installer finishes extracting, it will open automatically. The installer will help you install all the products you need.
- For information about installing specific MathWorks products, please see MathWorks’ installation guide.
Users who already have existing active licenses have been grandfathered in and already have access to all of the latest and greatest MathWorks software. They don’t need to do anything until next year when they will need to Update Your Campus-Wide License at the annual renewal time.
82% of Fortune 500 Companies Use MatLab.
Take the first step in learning this vital technology.
Full access to both Matlab and Simulink
Eligibility For Use
Students are eligible to install and use this software on student owned or leased computers provided they use the software for student personal usage.
Students whose primary campus is the University of Utah Asia Campus are not eligible to install or use this software except when enrolled in and attending classes in North America.
Faculty and Staff are eligible to install and use this software on computers owned or leased by the University of Utah and/or personally owned or leased computers provided they only use the software for Academic Use work purposes.
Faculty and Staff are NOT eligible to install or use the MATLAB TAH Academic Annual License for personal use. You may use this software for Academic Use work related purposes.
Faculty and Staff whose primary employment location is the University of Utah Asia Campus are not eligible to install or use this software except during employment and working in North America.
For university departments who need a concurrent license for MATLAB, please complete this survey.
After completing this survey, OSL will receive your information, generate a license file based on the information you provide, and will email it to the responsible person identified in the survey. Typical response is within 1 business day.