Adobe Creative Cloud Agreement
Please review the below Frequently Asked Questions. These questions and answers are subject to change and are updated frequently for clarification and improvement purposes. If you have additional software related questions, please email your questions to email@example.com.
For an explanation of terminology used throughout the OSL website, please visit our Glossary of Terms.To enhance your technical skills on software products available on the OSL web store and through UIT, please visit Online Learning Opportunities.
|Creative Cloud||1, 6||2, 6||3, 6|
Students enrolled part-time or full-time in a degree-granting program or an academic course of study conducted by the university are permitted to download, install, activate, and use this software. This includes students enrolled at the University of Utah Asia Campus.
Faculty and Staff who are employed by the university are permitted to download, install, activate, and use this software on personally owned or leased devices. The software may only be used for work-related non-profit/non-commercial instructional, academic teaching and/or academic research purposes. This includes Faculty and Staff employed at the University of Utah Asia Campus.
Faculty and Staff who are employed by the university are permitted to download, install, activate, and use this software on University owned or leased devices. The software may only be used for work-related non-profit/non-commercial instructional, academic teaching and/or academic research purposes. This includes Faculty and Staff employed at the University of Utah Asia Campus.
|4.||Students are NOT eligible to purchase, install or use this software on personally owned or leased computers under our existing software license agreement.|
Faculty and Staff are NOT eligible to purchase, install or use this software on personally owned or leased computers under our existing software license agreement.
However, for Work at Home purposes, Faculty and Staff may purchase, install and use a University license on their personally owned or leased computer but ONLY for work-related non-profit/non-commercial instructional, academic teaching and/or academic research purposes.
This software can only be deployed in the United States, Canada, Mexico, or South Korea. International Study Abroad students are not eligible to participate in this program.
1. What is Adobe Creative Cloud?
Creative Cloud gives you the entire collection of Adobe desktop and mobile apps, from essentials like Photoshop to innovative new tools like Adobe XD. You also get built-in templates to jump-start your designs and step-by-step tutorials to help you get up to speed quickly and sharpen your skills. It′s your entire creative world, all in one place.
2. Who is eligible to use the software?
- Students are eligible if they are currently enrolled part-time or full-time in a degree-granting program at the University of Utah or an academic course of study conducted by the University of Utah.
- The University authentication system does not recognize new students as eligible until 7 days before classes begin. You can calculate eligibility dates by using these Academic Calendars.
- You can install the software on personally owned or leased devices.
- Exclusions: alumni, conference attendees and visitors are not eligible to participate in this program.
- Faculty and Staff:
- All current employees or independent contractors whose primary job duties consist of providing educational instructions to students or current employees that provide administrative support to the education operations of faculty.
- Exclusions: retired faculty members and retired staff members.
3. How do I obtain the software?
Read and follow the instructions below:
4. What software is included in the agreement?
For a complete listing of the available Apps, Services and Features, please see Creative Cloud for Enterprise. NOTE: Add-On Services are NOT included in the agreement.
In addition to the Apps, Services and Features, each user is entitled to use up to 20 GB of cloud storage.
5. What if I want to purchase Adobe software that is not included in this agreement?
Contact OSL at firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom quote of all other Adobe software.
6. How much do I have to pay to use the Adobe Creative Cloud Apps, Services and Features?
The Apps, Services and Features are provided to you free of charge because the University of Utah has pre-negotiated and pre-paid the licensing costs with funds obtained through a mix of campus software licensing and student computing fees.
7. I have my own personal Creative Cloud subscription. Is it possible to terminate my contract without penalty?
Yes. The University of Utah has an enterprise agreement (“ETLA”) with Adobe. Because of this benefit, individual Creative Cloud subscribers can terminate their contracts and not be charged a termination fee.
Contact Adobe Support and be certain to inform the support agent that you are a student or employee at the University of Utah, and you are provided Adobe Creative Cloud by the university. Note that you will not be able to get any type of pro-rated refund.
8. I received a notice from Adobe that my membership has expired and payment is due. What should I do?
- Please read the notice carefully. Our Campus Agreement license is called “Creative Cloud for Enterprise” and a personal membership is not required to access the Creative Cloud products on our agreement.
- If you have renewed the license, contact Adobe Support immediately and cancel the renewal. Be certain to tell the support agent that you are a student (or employee) of the University of Utah and you are provided Adobe Creative Cloud by the university. Adobe should then waive the cancellation fee. If you contact them within the first 14 days after payment, they should refund the monthly charge.
- If you have any difficulty, please forward your questions and concerns to email@example.com.
9. Why is Creative Cloud asking me to ‘Start a Trial’ or ‘Buy Now’ even though I am eligible to use the Campus Agreement?
When you sign into any CC app and you receive one of the following messages that indicates Creative Cloud is reverting to trial mode:
- Buy now
- Trial expired
- Start trial
- No subscription found
- <nn> days remaining
Verify you are signing in using your uNID@utah.edu email address as an Enterprise ID. If you attempt to sign in using any other email address or attempt to sign in with an Adobe ID that you created on the Adobe website, the apps will show as trials (or one of the other messages above).
Sign out of the Creative Cloud Desktop app:
- Open the Creative Cloud desktop application by clicking the desktop icon.
You can also open the Creative Cloud desktop app from the following location:
- Windows: Start > Programs > Adobe Creative Cloud
- Mac OS: Go > Applications > Adobe Creative Cloud > Adobe Creative Cloud
- From the Profile menu, click Sign out.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click Sign Out. This action deactivates the Creative Cloud apps and services associated with your
username on that computer.
- A sign-in option appears immediately. Sign in again with your Enterprise ID (uNID@utah.edu) and CAS authentication credentials to reset your Creative Cloud license and reactivate your apps and services on that computer.
If the first two solutions fail, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, your uNID and the problem you are experiencing. OSL staff will then investigate the problem and will contact you regarding the resolution.
10. What are the system requirements for the Creative Cloud products?
For a complete list of product requirements see Adobe Creative Cloud System Requirements.
11. Will the software run on tablets or smart phones?
Yes. Our agreement does include Adobe Mobile Apps in addition to the Desktop Apps.
12. How many computers can I install Creative Cloud on?
You can download and install Creative Cloud desktop applications on multiple computers, regardless of operating system. However, activation is limited to two computers per individual associated with the membership, and you may not use the software on these computers simultaneously.
For more information, see On how many computers can I use my Creative Cloud subscription?
13. How can I activate Creative Cloud apps on a third computer?
You cannot have a Creative Cloud license activated on three computers. If you want to install Creative Cloud apps on a third computer, sign out of Creative Cloud on one of the other two computers, using your Adobe ID. Signing out deactivates the Creative Cloud license associated with that Adobe ID on that computer.
To sign out, make sure the computer is connected to the Internet, open the Creative Cloud desktop app, and click the gear icon at the top right of the window. Choose Preferences > General > Sign Out.
(Alternatively, you can start any Creative Cloud application, and choose Help > Sign Out. Signing out of one Creative Cloud app deactivates all Creative Cloud apps associated with that Adobe ID on that computer.)
You can then sign in to Creative Cloud on the third computer. For more information, see How to activate and deactivate products.
14. Do I have to download the entire Creative Cloud suite or can I just download the applications I need?
You can download just the applications you need and then return at a later date to download the other applications (if needed).
15. Do I need to be connected to the network every time I want to access the software?
No. You run the software from your local computer. Computers and mobile devices must connect to Adobe servers for initial activation, and then at least once every 99 days.
If you are planning to be offline for a while, sign in before you go offline. This will extend your access for 99 days.
16. Will the software run in the Adobe Cloud or do I download the software onto my PC/Mac?
No. You need to install the software on your computer or mobile device.
17. Do I have to store any files I create in the Adobe Cloud?
No. You can store the files in any location you choose.
18. Can I get upgrades whenever a new version of the software is released?
Yes, the campus agreement covers all upgrades that are released during the term of the agreement.
19. Can I allow others to use my Adobe Apps, Services and Features?
No, the Apps, Services and Features that you downloaded and activated are solely for your use and must not be shared or used by others.
20. Do students and faculty/staff have to uninstall the software after they graduate and/or leave the university?
Yes. The license is tied to the University. You can start a new subscription directly with Adobe if you want to continue to use the software after leaving the University.
21. What happens to my files if I leave the University of Utah?
Before you leave the University, save the files and settings that are on your U Cloud Account to your computer or device. See Adobe migration instructions.
22. Who should I contact if I am having difficulty installing the download files?
- Adobe Blogs
- Adobe Creative Cloud